In this increasingly uncertain world, the specter of global conflict looms ever larger. The Russia-Ukraine crisis, which has escalated into a full-blown invasion, serves as a stark reminder of the possibility of World War 3.
How to Prepare for World War 3: A Comprehensive Survival Guide
It is imperative that we take proactive steps to prepare for the worst-case scenario. Survival and preparedness should be our top priorities, as the adage goes, “By the time you NEED protection, it is likely too late.” This comprehensive guide will break down the essential steps to help you prepare for a potential World War 3 and a nuclear blast outbreak.
The Importance of Preparedness
A nuclear blast, should it occur, will have devastating consequences. The gravity of this threat often dissuades people from adequately preparing for it. However, we now have advanced technology and knowledge to rebuild after such an event. But to do so, we must be prepared for the worst. Here are three crucial steps to consider today:
1. Assemble an Emergency Survival Kit
Start by assembling your emergency survival kit. There are numerous items you should stock up on to ensure your survival during a crisis. This includes non-perishable goods, water, a battery-powered radio, a secluded energy source, flashlights, and batteries, among others. For a comprehensive list of items and where to purchase them, please refer to the next section.
2. Find a Safe Shelter
Locate a secure place to stay during a nuclear blast and to store your emergency supplies. This can be challenging, but many communities have designated fallout shelters. Identify these shelters and ensure you are on the list for access in case of an attack. Websites like Skilled Survival provide valuable insights on finding nearby shelters. If no designated shelters are available, consider windowless structures, basements, or cellars.
3. Create an Emergency Plan
Develop an emergency plan with your loved ones. Ensure that everyone is aware of each other’s locations and where to meet after a nuclear event. Uncertainty about the well-being of family members can be as distressing as the event itself. Plan and determine each person’s nearest shelter, local grocery store, workplace, or school. Keep this plan with your emergency supplies and update it regularly (every 1 to 3 months).
World War 3 Survival Kits and Gear
Now that you have your emergency plan in place, it’s time to gather the necessary supplies. Here’s a general list of essential items, most of which can be conveniently purchased online:
- Gas Masks and Filters: Invest in a gas mask or respirator rated to NBC or CBRN standards to ensure the quality of the air you breathe. NBC-rated masks are suitable for nuclear fallout, while CBRN-rated masks are designed to withstand highly acidic chemicals, such as mustard gas. Make sure to get compatible filters for your mask.
- Iodine: Iodine, specifically potassium iodide (KI), is an effective treatment for radiation exposure. The thyroid gland is particularly sensitive to radioactive iodine, and KI can help protect it. The required dosage varies by age, weight, and exposure level, sorefer to recommended guidelines.
- Water Filters: Clean and safe drinking water is essential during a crisis. Consider purchasing water filters to ensure a sustainable supply of potable water.
- Food Supplies: Stock up on canned goods, ready-to-eat foods, and assorted drink mixes. These items will sustain you and your family in case of limited access to food sources.
- Medical Kits: A comprehensive medical kit is crucial for addressing injuries and health concerns during a crisis. Ensure it includes essential medical supplies and medications.
- Hygiene and Sanitation: Maintain cleanliness and hygiene by having supplies like hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, painkillers, dried milk, and sanitary products on hand.
- Emergency Tools: Equip yourself with manual can openers, flashlights (preferably LED), portable radios, fire extinguishers, and fire extinguisher blankets.
- Batteries: Ensure you have an ample supply of batteries for your electronic devices and equipment.
- Bottled Water: Store enough bottled water to meet your family’s needs, especially if securing home supplies is not possible.
- Disposable Utensils: Paper or plastic plates, cups, and utensils can be indispensable when resources are limited.
Surviving a Nuclear Blast
In the unfortunate event of a nuclear attack, swift action is crucial for survival. Follow these steps:
- Stay Informed: Listen to official information via online sources, radio, or TV. Follow all instructions provided by emergency response personnel. Prioritize putting on your NBC or CBRN gas mask.
- Seek Shelter: Locate the nearest building constructed from concrete or brick, as these materials offer the best protection from nuclear fallout and radioactive materials.
- Go Underground: If possible, get as far below ground as you can. The soil and concrete will act as barriers to radioactive waste.
- Stay Put: Expect to remain inside your shelter anywhere from 24 hours to a week. If you have an emergency radio, wait until authorities provide the all-clear signal before leaving.
Dealing with Nuclear Fallout
After a nuclear bombing, dealing with the fallout and the lingering effects is equally crucial for survival. Follow these steps:
- Protect Yourself: Put on your NBC or CBRN mask before leaving your shelter.
- Avoid Hazardous Areas: Stay away from “hazmat” sites or areas with known contamination.
- Reconnect with Loved Ones: If your emergency meeting spot wasn’t directly in the bomb’s path, reunite with family and friends.
- Stay Informed: Stay updated on the situation by tuning into local and national emergency news broadcasts.
- Maintain Hygiene: Wash yourself thoroughly with soap and clean water. Dispose of potentially contaminated clothing.
- Stay Positive: In the aftermath of a devastating event like a nuclear blast, unity and support among survivors are essential. Lean on each other to navigate the challenges of the post-attack world.
In conclusion, it is prudent to hope for the best while preparing for the worst. While we all hope to never experience the horrors of World War 3, being adequately prepared can make a significant difference in your chances of survival. Refer to the provided links for purchasing supplies and finding active fallout shelters near you. Be prepared with the right gear to safeguard yourself and your loved ones during uncertain times.
Take a look at more prepper stuff here.